Sunday 12 February 2012

Blast from the past.

How funny. I was in a neglected cupboard for something yesterday and I came across my box of treasures that have been tissue-wrapped to protect them from toddlers, well the last of the toddlers is now 7 so that has gone on a bit. But as I posted here recently the 7 year old is a meddler and so they will stay wrapped for a while yet.

A long long time ago I went on a trip to Paris with the school; I saved some pocket money and my Granny and Mum gave me some for something special. One of the teachers kindly helped me on one of our day trips to find a little trinket store. I loved this little Limoges pot, it has a bigger one to go with it which I love too but this one is my favourite.

IMG_3013

IMG_3010

I remember it being a lovely warm day and very busy and feeling happy and excited.

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful and how wonderful that it still evokes so many memories. I am really looking forward to catching up with everyone's blogs today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful little pot !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's great how memories can come from just seeing something like this.. and great that we blog them for the kids and other nostalgia crazy bloggers to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is a lovely story which of course really chimed with me today. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely memory. I don't blame you for keeping your delicate things away from the children. They will appreciate them when they get older and be in one piece.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a lovely pot and story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a small thing can hold an enormous amount of memory!

    ReplyDelete