Monday 23 July 2012

Nine.

I applied to be a GamesMaker for London 2012 Olympics in November 2010. I have been waiting ever since, convinced that I would get something, even if it was just a day’s litter picking. (I am so nosy interested in how things work behind the scenes) Up until last month, they were saying that they might still find me something…..but it wasn’t to be. I have been quite upset about it, until they offered me a ticket to the dress rehearsal of the opening ceremony Open-mouthed smile
Nine hours pretty much precisely it took me to get from Susi’s house in Milton Keynes, across London, (in a random, “I come from North Devon where a roundabout is quite the thing”, fashion. I suspect there was a quicker version as I am almost positive I went through Embankment twice Open-mouthed smile), walk to the Olympic Park, basically go Ooooo for 5 and a half hours and then retrace my journey. Journey back much easier apart from Central Line being down and Stratford Station (nearest to the Olympic Park) being closed! Had to hoof it to West Ham which took about 25 minutes, wished i’d worn some trainers Open-mouthed smile
Anyway, I had the most amazing time, Danny Boyle has done us proud and I wholeheartedly recommend that if you were any doubt as to whether you would watch any part of it, then make sure you do, it is spectacular and funny and oh so very british Smile I have so many photos, but Danny Boyle came out to thank us for coming, tell us a bit about the show and also to ask us to not post photos until friday. You know what, I don’t think the BBC are trawling my blog for breaking news, but in the spirit of reciprocity and getting a £2000 ticket for £0 Smile with tongue out I will as they asked #savethesurprise.
Here is the entrance instead to the Olympic Park.
Stratford Gate to the Olympic Park
The iconic rings.
IMG_4872
The Orbit
The Orbit, I wanna go up!
Bridge A into the Stadium
The outside of the stadium.
More on friday Smile But seriously, watch it. (Black Sheep Black SheepBlack SheepHint)

8 comments:

  1. great post, I know what you mean about the car journey...it was a shock for evie going on the motorway and seeing tower blocks. Its nice to be in the country but I do think its a lovely sheltered life sometimes. Sounds like you had great fun and looking forward to fridays reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie.. you dark horse, I had no idea this was something you were doing.. wow! One of our kids friends was training with the kayaking team, but actually got used as a pacemaker for the younger ones I think.. that's the closest we have got to the Games.. but I am loking forward to the Opener and of course Tom Daley, the local hope for us in the SW... so glad you enjoyed it after the trawl up there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thank you for sharing this with us! I am so pleased and excited!
    Great experience!
    Congratulations for the pictures!
    / 9 hours - yes! Art wants victims!/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have loved to have seen that
    We have tickets for the Orbit but dont think we will get there in time. can't wait now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have loved to have seen that
    We have tickets for the Orbit but dont think we will get there in time. can't wait now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would have loved to have seen that
    We have tickets for the Orbit but dont think we will get there in time. can't wait now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic experience for you. I'm green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased for you Jen, glad you had such a great moment you'll never forget !

    ReplyDelete