Monday 11 June 2012

Aged.

So many, many things to take photos of for this prompt! Anne has been so kind to message me the prompt each morning as I don’t always get it until the evening when at work, but I also had a text from my Mum to say that she saw the word today was Aged…..well i’ll just show it to you.

IMG_1255 

I have sent her a couple of links so she may be following now……maybe she will join in?

She may have thought she had aged somewhat this evening as I announced I was going. to. cook. Unheard of on a monday, I would rather have a sandwich than bother cooking but I had the urge.

I don’t get home until 6:30 at the earliest usually so I made a special effort to get home at 6pm, funny the shop is still standing, or at least I think it is.

By the time I had got changed and got the radio on and the ingredients out, chatted to Ali about his Teddy Bears Picnic that he went on today and watched the video that Mum kindly took on the ipad it was 6:30 anyway. Heigh-ho.

I offered her a wagon wheel at 7:15pm as it wasn’t quite there. Declined Open-mouthed smile

She snaffled some peanut butter that I was using to make the satay at 7:45pm and we finally sat down at 8pm Rolling on the floor laughing

It was nice though and it was Springwatch time as well so we got to catch up on all the poor birdies after the terrible weather.

Here is the start of the satay. Man did it smell good.

IMG_1243

The ironic thing, the recipes were from Jamie’s 30 Minute Meals Open-mouthed smile Night x

4 comments:

  1. I really like your idea to present your conversation that way!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleased the shop is still standing :) Hope your mum does join in with the challange and sounds ideal to eat and watch springwatch, you timed it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. .. well you tried.. mine was a glass of wine (before food, not good move), hence nibbles and chocolate.. hey, sometimes when the men are away, the mice just eat rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Jen. Sometimes even when tired, it's so rewarding to make an effort and please others, as you get it back 100 times. Your start of Satay looked yummy ! xxx

    ReplyDelete