Saturday 9 June 2012

Frayed.

Oh my goodness yes, I have a good one for this prompt today Smile
Although I have to say that I was exhausted this morning, even after 9 hours sleep, (it has been a long few weeks!), I knew that if we got out and about we would all feel better for it. So after popping in to my local craft shop we headed out to Hartland for some rockpooling and a picnic. It’s where my Granny and Grandad and all my great-grandparents are buried as well so we took some flowers from the garden mixed with some bought freesias which were my Granny’s favourite (I didn’t know that until today, or at least if I had I had forgotten!).
IMG_4161
This is down at Hartland Quay, looking east towards where we live.
IMG_4163
Ze very big cliff!
IMG_4174
Looking west towards North Cornwall, just look at that sea, such a lovely set of colours.
IMG_4177
Grassy banks and boys! Although I didn’t indulge in the rolling we did all lie down on the grass and do some cloudwatching, I was so in the moment and conscious of not having the camera in hand all the time so I didn’t snap some of the lovely things we saw in the clouds, but they included a stegosaurus, dragon, cup and saucer, dolphin and swordfish Smile
IMG_4257
Exploring on the beach.
IMG_4265
I love how Louis’ hair is the colour of sand, I have always loved that about him.
IMG_4262
A bit of beach graffiti.
And finally, my hair, frayed.
IMG_4220 (2)
KathiJo, I haven't forgotten you, I think tomorrow I can show you just how close we live to the sea :) Can't be more than 5 minutes. Yes, I am very lucky and very grateful :)

23 comments:

  1. fantastic pics. My dd loves nothing more than a grassy bank to roll down and she is 15

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is close to the sea, looks like you all had a great time. Love the sand graffiti and nice weather, we had....rain....again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh how lovely, wish I could have joined in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures! I cried with joy when I saw them! So cute! Fantastic! I am happy I found this site and see these great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You take such superb photos Jen, you really do. What a lovely day you had:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pictures. What a beautiful place you live close to. I love your seaside ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos today- it must be wonderful to be able to blow the cobwebs away in such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hit it on the head, with that wind it certainly blowed the cobwebs!

      Delete
  8. Oh Jen your photos make my heart sing. :o)
    Love ya
    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh Louis looks quite talented with his grafitti.. and the coast looks lovely.. bracing I think the weather would be described today! Hope you recharged.. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did :) Yes Louis' graffiti fonts are brill, he is quite quick as well!

      Delete
  10. Stunning pics Jen :) And if you ever forget what your granny's fave flowers were, just ask me - they are my favourite too...they smell beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab pics Jen - you all look so well even if your a little blown away.....lots of love x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, will you look at the strata on those cliffs. :) Geology-Nerd-Love. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant story as always, Jen :)
    I love the way you write and I love you for sharing your family's special moments - those boys are a real credit to you. Keep up the good work xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. brill photos again, especially love the rolling in ythe grass one.

    ReplyDelete